Rooted in your well being.
Dear Valuable Client,
It is with a heavy heart that we have to share the news that the Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS is suspending our naturopathic care with Dr. Fuller as of November 17, 2017. This means that Dr. Carolyn Fuller will be transitioning from the center and will no longer be able to see clients.
It has been a very difficult challenge for the Center to sustain this type of service without external funding for naturopathic care. Unfortunately, it is also not possible to credential Dr. Fuller’s services on insurance plans since Arizona does not recognize naturopathic physicians as a reimbursable service. We are just not able to sustain naturopathic care under our current business model and we are in the process of completing a full review of our clinical and wellness services.
We are also reviewing the other wellness services and partnerships to decide on how best to continue to support the services provided by third party schools and practitioners. We will do our best to continue services provided by volunteers from the schools supporting the Center until further notice.
Dr. Fuller has appreciated the opportunity to work at the Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS and it has been her absolute joy and privilege to have been part of your healthcare team.
In order to foster continuation of your care, we are providing the following referrals:
Patients living with HIV:
• Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine (SCNM) at SWHIV Tuesdays and Thursdays 9 am – 12 pm ($1 – $5+ requested donation until further notice)
• SCNM also offers care at other community clinics in the Valley
• Tim Peace, ND (cash practice)
Patients who are transgender/seeking medical transition:
• Maria Antonieta “Ann” Andrews, FNP at SWHIV
Ann is currently credentialed with Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, United, Mercy Care (AHCCCS), Medicare Part B. If you have an AHCCCS plan other than Mercy Care, contact AHCCCS and ask for your plan to be switched to Mercy Care so Ann can assume management of your care.
• Trans Spectrum (TSAZ) offers a resource guide for providers who work with the trans community in the Valley
• For patients who are transgender/seeking medical transition and are undocumented: Contact Crystal at Trans Queer Pueblo at 480-849-3797 or through their Facebook page
Patients seeking general naturopathic medical care:
• Southwest Integrative Medicine
Southwest Center will do everything possible to maximize a seamless transfer of your care and we are grateful for Dr. Fuller’s service. Please feel free to contact us at 602-307-5330 if you have any questions or need additional information.
Kristin Kalla Carolyn Fuller, ND
Executive Director Director of Wellness