Legal Assistance Services
Legal Services are available by appointment the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. Community Legal Services’ HIV/AIDS Law Project (HALP) assists individuals living with HIV and AIDS to lead lives of greater independence and self-determination at no cost for individuals who qualify for services. CLS staff provide the highest-quality civil legal assistance to the HIV-infected community of Maricopa County.
HALP assists with legal issues such as:
- Debt collection and creditor harassment
- Bankruptcy; Chapter 7 if applicable
- Estate Planning, Financial and Healthcare Powers of Attorney / Living Wills and Last Will and Testament
- Housing; private and public landlord tenant
- Employment discrimination Social Security
HALP does not handle criminal legal matters. Civil legal matters are handled through the Volunteer Lawyers Program in Maricopa County. Services include brief advice, assistance with self-help tasks and when appropriate, referrals to volunteer attorneys for representation in court.
Referrals are available for the following legal areas:
- Personal injury
- Medical malpractice
Available by appointment only the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. Please call 602-307-5330 to set up an appointment today!