Getting to know us.
About Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS
Welcome to the website for Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS, a medical and support center based in Phoenix, Arizona, for people living with or at risk for contracting HIV/AIDS. Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS is the largest clinical, education, behavioral health, prevention and nutrition support center dedicated to fighting HIV and AIDS in the Southwestern United States. A 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization, Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS (formerly Body Positive) was founded in 1990 by Kirk Baxter. The Center’s vision, “leading the fight against HIV and AIDS” is carried out through our mission of reducing infection, improving quality of life and contributing to worldwide research. Today, hundreds of thousands of people around the world are taking HIV and AIDS-fighting drugs that earned Federal Drug Administration approval, thanks in part to the Center’s clinical trials and biomedical research program. Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS provides these services in a nurturing environment:
- Education programs, including group and individual instruction for men, women and youth infected or affected by HIV/AIDS.
- HIV prevention programs for men, women, youth, and transgender individuals.
- Wellness services, including nutritional consultations, naturopathic medicine and an on-site vitamin shop.
- Primary Care Medicine with our onsite Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP).
- Emotional support for HIV-positive individuals, their friends and families.
- Family support services, including Camp Incredible and social activities for families living with HIV/AIDS.
- Community outreach, reaching out to underserved populations and providing connection to HIV services.
We welcome your involvement and would be pleased to be a resource for you, your organization and your community by providing insight and encouraging support. For more information about becoming a Southwest Center employee or volunteer, or to learn about services offered by Southwest Center, please call 602-307-5330.
Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS is located on the second floor of The Parsons Center for Health and Wellness
1101 N. Central Avenue,
Phoenix, AZ 85004
602-307-5330 – Main
602-307-5021 – Fax